Monday, February 20, 2006

Non Sequitur: Karaoke Without Alcohol?

I came across an interesting little snippet of news the other day.

Karaoke bars in Vietnam will no longer be allowed to sell or have alcohol on their premises as part of the country's continued campaign against so-called 'social evils', a government official said Friday.

Such an interesting cultural difference, don't you think? I can't imagine there would be a bar anywhere in the US that would stop selling alcohol on Karaoke night. As far as I'm concerned, to do so would be the 'social evil'. Listening to someone who thinks they are the next Britney Spears or Kid Rock without having a beer buzz is not my idea of a good time.

"The decree will definitely help reduce negative activities in karaoke bars and discotheques," he said.

Hm. Now there's an interesting point. The freer the booze is flowing, there's better chance you'll hear a botched version of "I Got You Babe". And that my friends, truly is a negative activity.

1 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really sad news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home