Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Favorite Song of the Week: The Gossip - Sweet Baby

I've been a bit busy dealing with a little personal drama lately, so I apologize to my two semi-regular blog readers for my lack of posts. I'll do my best to damn The Man and stay focused on what really counts.

Now, let's get to the new song...



The Gossip plays riot grrl, queerquore, blues-infused garage rock with a decidedly punk twist.

In other words: simply amazing music.

It's lead singer Beth Ditto's voice that will make you fall in love with this band. Dirty, sexy, and raw her pipes conjures up thoughts of Janis Joplin or Etta James.

I think "Sweet Baby" is the perfect vehicle to hear Ditto's gritty, feline vocals.

Listen: The Gossip: Sweet Baby mp3

The anger, heartbrake and desperation in the lyrics are a perfect match for her voice. One listen is not enough.

Buy an album or two here and don't forget to be their friend.


*** Favorite Song Last Week: Mighty Sparrow - Mango Vert ***


web hit counter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home