Saturday, December 31, 2005

Dirty Girl Crafting: Vibrator Cozies

For Christmas last year I bought myself three "toys". One of them (Blueberry Buzz, but I call him Blue) became quite a favorite of mine. So much so, for their birthdays I bought each of my girlfriends a Blue of their very own (after all, every woman needs a well-stocked Drawer of Sin).

Upon first glance, Blue doesn't look like much. But truly, he does pack a punch. I told each of my friends that within 3 weeks, they would be calling me and thanking me for the gift. I was wrong - it only took a few days for them to make the thank-you calls.

For Christmas this year, I decided to make a little something for the Blue in their lives. I had some great yarn left over from another project, so I decided to knit up a vibrator cozy. A nice, warm Blue is important on chilly Wisconsin evenings. And besides, what's more fun than accessorizing your accessories?

Here's a shot of my Blue modeling one on my bar (the other is empty -- poor cozy):



And here's another of Blue on my pillow:



Knit flat with only a few decreases, it was simple to make. Rose Garden Landscape yarn, size 11 needles and half an hour or so in front of the television and you can have yourself your own Blue Cozy.

Cast on 12 stitches. Knit in stocking knit for a few inches (use your own Blue to figure the length out). To decrease (on RS): k2tog, k3, k2tog, k3, sl1, k1, psso (9 stitches remaining). I did another 2 rows in stocking knit, and then another decrease: k2tog, k2tog, k1, k2tog, sl1, k1, psso (6 stitches remaining). 1 more row of stocking knit. Break yarn, thread it through remaining stitches pulling it tight to form the tip. Take the tail of the yarn and using the mattress stitch, seam the side up. Voila! A vibrator cozy.

They loved their gifts (of course) and couldn't wait to deck out their own Blue's.

Edited to add direct link to Blueberry Buzz. Warning: It is a link to a sex toy shop -- younger readers beware. Don't say I didn't warn ya'.





web hit counter

2 Comments:

At 1/01/2006 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool.

 
At 1/02/2006 10:11 AM, Blogger r.s. said...

I can't believe you didn't post a link to Blueberry Buzz! Help a girl out, won'tcha?? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home