Thursday, December 29, 2005

It Chaps My Ass: Online Dream Dictionary

I had a bizarre dream last night. In my dream I was pregnant (yes, I too shudder at the thought). In the end, I did have a baby boy but in my dream I never gave birth, it just... arrived.

Curious, I hopped online to check out what dreaming about pregnancy could possibly mean. That's when I read this:

Pregnancy

If the dreamer is a woman and you dream you are pregnant then you will see a big increase in your income, but if you are unwed and sad you will experience losses. For a man to dream that he is the father of the child he is warned about indiscriminate sexual relations and one night stands.


A big increase in my income? Bring it on! But then I hit the "unwed" part of the analyzation. Unwed and sad. Hm. What if I'm unwed and happy? Do I still get the raise? Or is it just assumed that because I'm unwed I'm sad? Is it only women who are married (happily or unhappily, apparently) who get the big increase? And why the difference?

As for men, well, what's the warning? That he could end up with an unwanted child? Are unwanted children only outcomes of "indiscriminate sexual relations and one night stands"? What happens if they aren't the father in the dream? Nada? Sorry guys, no cash for you.

Interesting how the meanings are different between genders. It's just a dream after all. Men can dream that they are pregnant, why is that option left out all together? And why aren't women warned of sleeping around?

This must be a Freudian thing. I never studied much psychology... perhaps I should start. Regardless, it chaps my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home